Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I Am...


I didnt used to understand what it meant in the bible when God says "Tell them I Am". I Am what?! It never really made any sense to me. I figured it was something too deep and theological, or too abstract for my brain...

And then I heard a song by Nicole Nordeman called "I Am". And it was like the light went on!! I finally got it. One of my favourite verses in the song says this...

"Only sixteen, life is so mean
What kind of curfew is at 10pm?
You saw my mistakes
And watched my heart break
Heard when I swore I'd never love again
And when I was weak, unable to speak
Still I could call You by name
And I said Heartache Healer, Secret Keeper
Be my best friend
And you said, I Am
"

I Am. Meaning...He is EVERYTHING. Everything we ever need Him to be.

So now I am thankful that when I say "God...be my best friend, comforter, sounding board, confidante, provider, finance manager, miracle worker, secret keeper, travel agent, visa giver, travelling companion, Father, hand holder, doctor, teacher, forgiver, door opener, door closer, husband finder, strength giver, gift giver, cheerleader,and soul mate...he answers "I Am".

No comments:

Post a Comment