Monday, April 11, 2011

Faith that is seen...

For some reason growing up, I was always fascinated by the story of the paraplegic who couldn't get close enough to see Jesus (Luke 5). His friends have brought him for healing, and when they couldn't get close enough...they climb onto the roof, take off some tiles and lower him down! Genius! And then it says "When Jesus saw their faith, he said "friend, your sins are forgiven".


There are 2 things I find fascinating about this. Firstly...their faith was SEEN. Faith is not something that you just keep inside of you. Yes, that's where it starts and where it grows...but if you don't do anything with your faith, it isn't effective. Even the bible says that faith without works (action) is dead. So what am I doing to show my faith? Because at the moment, I am DEFINITELY living by faith. Visas, jobs, finances, calling, purpose, timing, God's plan...all desperately needing God's touch. And my FAITH! But do others see my life and see faith, or fear. Confidence in God, or myself. A willingness to step out and trust, or wait til I have all the answers. If Jesus looked at my life, would he see the faith just on the inside of my heart, or being lived out daily as a testimony of His goodness.



The second thing is that it wasn't just the faith of the paraplegic man in this story. It was the faith of his friends. Jesus didn't say HIS faith was seen...it was THEIR faith. Sometimes we just use all our faith on ourselves. Believing for what WE need. But how often are we letting our faith for others be seen? How often are we willing to get out of our comfort zone (maybe even climb on a roof) and do whats needed in faith for others? Maybe, like my amazing Ps Carl reminds us...its having the courage to ask someone to church, in faith. Maybe write the book that will impact others, in faith. Offer to pray for someone who isn't a Christian, in faith. Lets not only use our faith for selfish gain...lets allow our faith to be seen BOTH for believing God to move in our circumstances, but also for those around us.

2 comments:

  1. hey laurie ! i just sent all my Easter messages to my dearest people,and somehow even if i don't know you,even if I haven't met you face to face yet, maybe someday...i felt like coming here and wish you a Happy Easter and say thank you for your amazing posts,cause I felt such comfort and encouragement when I read your blogs more than you could possibly be aware of. I love how the Spirit speaks in your writing and always yells out to me, "READ THIS...NOW!" =D
    Lots of love and huge huge hugs from italy! :)
    nadia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nadia...appreciate the Easter wishes, and praying that you had a wonderful weekend! Thanks for all your encouragement...it makes my heart so happy to know that He is using me to be able to reach others that He loves! Now I just have to find the time to write out more!
    Take care and thanks again,
    Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete